Breadcrumbs

Ercoupe Forward and Aft CG limits - Weight

More
22 Jun 2024 16:52 - 22 Jun 2024 17:00 #1 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Ercoupe Forward and Aft CG limits - Weight
Yes, getting it into Foreflight was interesting. I didn't use the MAC, I don't understand it. Here is what I did do in Foreflight. Most of this you have probably already done, so bear with me.

Open the W&B, then Setup
leave the MAC off
Create all the stations and enter their arms
Enter the empty weight and CG
Weight limits, I set Ramp to none, Takeoff to 1400, Landing to 1400, and zero fuel to none.
Forward CG limit, I set them to 26.4 at 1400 lbs, and 26,4 at 1100 lbs. That establishes the left side of the box.
Aft CG limit, I set them to 30.4 at 1400 lbs, and 26.4 at 1100 lbs. That establishes the right side of the box.
That should do it. Go back to LOAD and insert the loads at the stations. I used 1100 pounds for the minimum only because it was a nice round number, and the gross weight would never be less than that.

On the Ercoupe, the min and max CG remains the same regardless of gross weight, so you should have a square box for the graph.  It is always 1450, 1400, or 1320, or 1290, depending on model and stc's.   I guess on some planes it might vary by weight.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2024 17:00 by Ronald Raty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2024 12:34 #2 by Michael Cook
Replied by Michael Cook on topic Ercoupe Forward and Aft CG limits - Weight
Thanks for the response. I have the empty weight and empty weight CG along with the forward and aft CG, but I am missing the forward and aft weight to put into Foreflight to finish the weight and balance profile. Without that info, Foreflight is not drawing the box to show my upper and lower limits and if I am in balance/weight or not. It draws a skinny triangle to show my limits instead. POH says to use M.A.C percentage to figure that out, but that was not working for me in Foreflight either.

More
21 Jun 2024 21:16 #3 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Ercoupe Forward and Aft CG limits - Weight
The empty weight is whatever it says on your most recent Weight and Balance sheet, signed off by an A&P. It should be in the airplane somewhere, and has empty weight AND and empty CG location noted. Then add on the transient weights like oil, pilot, passenger, fuel, and baggage, all of which cannot exceed the allowable gross weight, also shown on the W&B. Then calculate the new location of the CG which has to be between 26.4 and 30.3 as measured from the firewall. The moment arms for each of the stations are listed in the Type Certificate. Is that what you were asking?

Or.....were you asking how to get all that set up in Foreflight? Once you get it set up in Foreflight, it is kind of fun playing around with different scenarios. I discovered that if I have any baggage and run out of fuel, the CG gets outside the limits.

More
21 Jun 2024 10:14 #4 by Michael Cook
Ercoupe Forward and Aft CG limits - Weight was created by Michael Cook
I just bought my first Ercoupe (1946) and was trying to put in a weight and balance profile in ForeFlight for this plane. I have pretty good records for the plane, but none list the forward and aft CG weight limit. I have the Arm (26.4 and 30.3) but cannot find the wight to put in. The POH mentions not exceeding a percentage of M.A.C., but I am having trouble figure that out. Any help would be Appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds