Breadcrumbs

Real Gasket Pushrod Tube kit

More
29 Sep 2024 11:09 - 29 Sep 2024 11:10 #1 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic Real Gasket Pushrod Tube kit
YOU CAN ALSO BUY A BLACK LIGHT FROM HF FOR $8 AND AFTER CLEANING THE ENGINE W MINERAL SPIRITS AND ALLOWING TO DRY; RUN IT UP A SHORTR BIT, TO SEE WHERE THE LEAK IS. SAVING YOUR T-SHIRTS FOR CLEANING AND POLISHING YOUR COUPE.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2024 11:10 by Raymond Knox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2024 10:32 #2 by Matt Gunsch
Replied by Matt Gunsch on topic Real Gasket Pushrod Tube kit
I have them on my engine, one thing however, the Real Gasket tool for installing the springs it too expensive, you can get the exact tool on amazon as it is for installing valves on Briggs and Stratton engines, I think it was like $15.

A&P, IA, PPSEL
too many years GA and Warbird Maint
Check out the Ercoupe Discussion group on facebook

More
27 Sep 2024 17:55 - 27 Sep 2024 17:57 #3 by Robert Regester
Real Gasket Pushrod Tube kit was created by Robert Regester
Previous owner had a lot of trouble with a leak on one of the pushrod tubes. When I bought the plane, I decided to do the real gasket pushrod tube kit. Installation was pretty straightforward. Later on the engine developed a leak.  Once flying, it was hard to tell where the leak came from. I contacted Real Gaskets and they gave me suggestions on how to determine where the leak came from. I followed the directions, basically putting a piece of T-shirt material between the push rods and the cylinder to see where the leak was coming from. Turns out the leak was coming from a through stud on the engine and not the real gasket pushrod tubes. I pulled that cylinder and backed out through stud sealed it resealed the cylinder base and the leak is gone. I will swear by this pushrod tube kit, not only that if you need to replace the seals if there is a leak, you do not need to pull the cylinder .   The biggest problem people have with this kit is not following the directions.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2024 17:57 by Robert Regester.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds