Breadcrumbs

Ballistic Parachutes

More
02 Oct 2024 23:32 #1 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Ballistic Parachutes
15k and 30-40lbs. Either one of those makes it a no-go, for me anyways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2024 16:56 #2 by Randy Branson
Replied by Randy Branson on topic Ballistic Parachutes
I did check with BRS. They said no STCs out there and nobody is willing to develop an STC for the Ercoupe.; not enough demand to justify the cost. I heard the same from other ballistic shoot companies as well. If it were an EXPERIMENTAL it could be done.

More
02 Oct 2024 15:53 #3 by John Phillips
Replied by John Phillips on topic Ballistic Parachutes
Ask BRS that question. Obviously no one in the EOC group can answer.
It will of course, be weight you will carry forever in an aircraft that is already sorely limited on payload. Thats not to say BRS is a bad idea. There are trade-off's.
Rudder pedal Ercoupes carry around 7 lbs. forever- more just because pilots won't take the time to learn to fly a 2 control Ercoupe.

More
16 Mar 2022 12:32 #4 by Randy Branson
Ballistic Parachutes was created by Randy Branson
Does anyone out there in 'Coupe land know of  any Ballistic Parachute Systems (or Ballistic Recovery Systems -BRS) that can be installed in an Ercoupe whether by 337 or STC?  Particularly as I'm hearing of more and more 'Coupes with wing spar corrosion issues, I'm thinking I'd like to have a system for my little bird.  I wouldn't think it would be hard to install a unit since we have those nice large rear windows that a system could launch through and easy access to structure below the floor and seat.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds