Breadcrumbs

Conspiracy theory

More
08 Oct 2024 21:43 #1 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Conspiracy theory
Yeah, I don’t usually go with conspiracies. I guess the crazy stuff going on this political season has me expecting the worst !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2024 18:48 - 08 Oct 2024 18:49 #2 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Conspiracy theory
That's probably correct.

My airport is JUST outside the Washington DC SFRA (Special Flight Restriction Area) so I get to hear "TFR Ahead!" on almost every takeoff.

Foreflight has always displayed the SFRA as a 25-mile radius shaded in red, but recently it started showing another, 50-mile radius circle shaded in a lighter shade of red. I called Center asking about the mystery TFR and they said they'd been getting a ton of calls but not to worry, the 50-mile radius is a 250kt speed limit above 18,000 ft.

That's despite the fact that I have Foreflight set to ignore things above 10,000ft and it had always done so in the past. I think it's possible that after a few recent incidents and busted political TFRs, Foreflight has changed their settings to show ALL the TFRs even if they're outside your limits.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2024 18:49 by Brooks McNew.

More
06 Oct 2024 22:43 #3 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Conspiracy theory
I suspect it's a case of ForeFlight being "enthusiastic with their NOTAM display. Searching for that specific NOTAM on the FAA site brings it up, but neither AOPA FlightPlanner or Skyvector display that one. Currently there are very few TFRs displayed, either pending or active from what I can tell. Perhaps I am scrolled out too far? Even zooming into the Wichita area doesn't pull up 01/977. From its description I suspect some form of testing by the manufacturers located there. I too don't have a lot of trust in government but don't think there is any hidden agenda with the hard to find TFRs.

More
06 Oct 2024 12:39 #4 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Conspiracy theory
Here’s what I’m seeing. Lots of these areas. Not all talk about high speed aircraft.  
Attachments:

More
06 Oct 2024 11:39 #5 by John Jones
Replied by John Jones on topic Conspiracy theory
I don't use ForeFlight but I don't see any widespread exercise areas on AOPA'a flight planner. Also the dates you show indicate this has been in progress since the first of this year, and if so, there would have been some form of leak in the "news" by now. I suspect an anomaly in ForeFlight.

More
05 Oct 2024 20:36 #6 by Larry Snyder
Conspiracy theory was created by Larry Snyder
Maybe someone can put my mind at rest. 

In ForeFlight I am seeing huge areas of the
country covered in orange special airspace. When I look at the details, all it says is “Exercises Scheduled” 0-10000 feet. It does not have a special number like MOAs and other special airspace. And the date on it is January 2, 2024, to January 1, 2025. 

Now for the conspiracy part:

Some folks are saying the government is preparing to move in on its own population after the election. These “exercises” could be a way of spreading troops into the heart of America without raising an alarm. 

Hopefully there’s a benign explanation for these special areas…

I know this sounds crazy and I would usually agree. But when I see the gummint doing odd things on a large scale, I’m really curious. 

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds