Breadcrumbs

Wing type Cowling fasteners 415-c

More
06 Oct 2024 19:10 #1 by Raymond Knox
Replied by Raymond Knox on topic Wing type Cowling fasteners 415-c
Brian Croxford - You most likely need AJW5-30 DZUS four each and AJW5-35 DZUS two each for the very front Dzus. The W means wing-nut style. If yours are original, they are AJ5-30 & 35 DZUS’s fasteners. You need to order the retainer rings as well. You can just install them using duck bill pliers to squeeze them flat. This is for up to SN 2623. Later models, 2623 and up use Cam-Lock style, like on my Coupe. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2024 16:01 - 06 Oct 2024 16:04 #2 by Michael Hainen
Replied by Michael Hainen on topic Wing type Cowling fasteners 415-c
If you look at Ercoupe parts manuals the lower longitudinal are split by serial numbers somewhere in the serial number sequence around high 2000’s the longitudinals went from DZUZ fastens to Camlock fasteners for cowl sides, don’t remember which came first. There are actual part numbers for the fasteners because for the life of me I can’t figure out either types sizing. Luckily my old time AP/AI has big box of both types and sizes he lets me rummage through
Last edit: 06 Oct 2024 16:04 by Michael Hainen. Reason: Spelling

More
05 Oct 2024 14:02 - 06 Oct 2024 19:09 #3 by Raymond Knox
Brian Croxford - You most likely need AJW5-30 DZUS four each and AJW5-35 DZUS two each for the very front Dzus. The W means wing-nut style. If yours are original, they are AJ5-30 & 35 DZUS’s fasteners. You need to order the retainer rings as well. You can just install them using duck bill pliers to squeeze them flat. This is for up to SN 2623. Later models, 2623 and up use Cam-Lock style, like on my Coupe. 
Last edit: 06 Oct 2024 19:09 by Raymond Knox.

More
05 Oct 2024 13:52 #4 by Edward Woerle
Replied by Edward Woerle on topic Wing type Cowling fasteners 415-c
Old fart suggestion...comes from years of re-installing cowls, panels and tailcones: loosen or remove any screws on the installation,. That way you can adjust the positioning to a slight degree. move the assembly as needed to easiest locking point on both sides. When you're satisfied, secure the loosened screws. This also works on any multi-screw part reduces colorful language when holes don't quite match up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

More
05 Oct 2024 07:26 #5 by Brian Croxford
Replied by Brian Croxford on topic Wing type Cowling fasteners 415-c

Here is what mine look like
Attachments:

More
04 Oct 2024 14:51 #6 by Raymond Knox
I am making a tool to help. Just a aluminum cylinder slotted at one end and knurled. As arthritis slowly gets worse.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds