Breadcrumbs

Tow bar

More
04 Aug 2024 21:12 - 04 Aug 2024 21:15 #1 by Bill Swartwout
Replied by Bill Swartwout on topic Tow bar
Thank you. The cheapest I have found thus far is $274. I may just try to fabricate one for my (dual-fork) nose gear. I just need to be able to adjust the steering. I have been able to move the plane in the right direction by, as Keith says, by pushing weighting tail down with my arm and body and pushing the empennage with my back. 
Last edit: 04 Aug 2024 21:15 by Bill Swartwout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2024 20:56 #2 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Tow bar
I borrowed a tow bar from a guy I share a hangar with before buying one at Aircraft Spruce.

If you really just want a way to steer the nose wheel while pushing it back. You could weld the right size tube to a bar. 90 degrees

If I have to horse the nose around without a tow bar handy. I’ll push down on the tail to swing the nose around

More
03 Aug 2024 14:39 #3 by Larry Snyder
Replied by Larry Snyder on topic Tow bar
You can get a tow bar for a dual fork Ercoupe at several aviation supply places. All are in the $100 range. Pretty much anything that is associated with aviation will cost at least $100! I just ordered a $5 capacitor noise filter for my alternator for $100.
I have no idea where to get a tow bar for a single fork noise gear.
I have a real crude home made dual fork tow bar I’d be happy to sell you cheap but shipping could be a problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Holmes

More
03 Aug 2024 13:59 #4 by Bill Swartwout
Tow bar was created by Bill Swartwout
Well, I did find a nice Ercoupe (from my query back in May). I have it tied down in a nice ramp area at Delaware Coastal Airport (GED) amid some other nice aircraft. I can usually pull right into my tiedown - unless my immediate neighbor is there. Then I have to pull in front and back into my space. 

Therefore, I need a simple towbar. I don't need it to actually pull (or in this case push) the Coupe - but mainly to steer the nose gear. I have only been able to find ones online with serious capability and serious prices. 

Any ideas? Or anyone with an old one laying around and willing to part with it? 

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds