Breadcrumbs

415-C Side windows info

More
04 Oct 2024 22:12 #1 by James Davis
Replied by James Davis on topic 415-C Side windows info

Here's the tag with the LP Aero part number. The "SG" stands for Slate Gray; I'm not sure what the suffixes are for clear and green tint. 

I do recommend ordering these from Vernon but this is what you'll get. If he has them in stock you'll get them faster then you would if ordering direct and you can't ask for better than that!

Ordered yesterday from Vernon and he shipped them to me today!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2024 18:02 - 04 Oct 2024 18:03 #2 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic 415-C Side windows info
Here's the tag with the LP Aero part number. The "SG" stands for Slate Gray; I'm not sure what the suffixes are for clear and green tint. 

I do recommend ordering these from Vernon but this is what you'll get. If he has them in stock you'll get them faster then you would if ordering direct and you can't ask for better than that!
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Oct 2024 18:03 by Brooks McNew.

More
04 Oct 2024 06:23 #3 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic 415-C Side windows info
The LP Aero product is "High Quality Optical Acrylic." It's easy to scratch but extremely flexible.

More
03 Oct 2024 19:07 #4 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic 415-C Side windows info
I tried Plexi on the doors, but it didn't hold up to the flexing and after a couple of months it suddenly broke in half. If I had heated it and formed it to the curve, it may have lasted longer. Instead I replaced the doors with Lexan which are holding up well, although there are some shallow scratches from opening/closing and a spot where my headphones hit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooks McNew

More
03 Oct 2024 14:59 - 03 Oct 2024 15:32 #5 by James Davis

Yeah they do crack easily... I needed three windows to replace mine because I cracked one!

I borrowed a tip from the Vans RV builders that worked perfectly. When you squeeze the soft rivets they can expand a bit and crack the drilled hole. So I match drilled the holes at 1/8" with the frames, then removed the frames and upsized the holes to 5/16" so the rivets wouldn't actually touch the plastic. Used "plasti drill" bits which cut through the materiel like butter.

Unfortunately I live in an area where our Summer season gets very hot with many days temps above 110F..
Today is October 3rd and this week we're having 103F-105F temps here.
On top of it our municipality owned airport hangars built like pizza ovens and on those days where the temps reach 115F inside the hangar becomes almost 140F and all the plastic on the plane is cooking and becoming brittle after a few months.

Also what window material you used? Lexan or Plexi?

Last edit: 03 Oct 2024 15:32 by James Davis.

More
03 Oct 2024 14:56 - 03 Oct 2024 14:58 #6 by James Davis
Sorry I misspoke since I couldn't remember the word Lexan. Duh for me!

Brooks McNew>>> Did you use Lexan or Plexiglass ?
Last edit: 03 Oct 2024 14:58 by James Davis.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds