Breadcrumbs

Throttle and mixture cable support

More
11 Oct 2024 19:11 #1 by Warren Hampton
Replied by Warren Hampton on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
Nick, what model is your Coupe? The CD started a dif configuration for the throttle. The F number would be a Forney number so it for the later Two control throttle and trim of the CD thur G models The D, I think still had the push/ pull throttle. CD started at Serial number 4501

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2024 12:14 #2 by Ronald Raty
Replied by Ronald Raty on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
My controls and wires inside the cockpit weren't that stiff, and were hanging pretty close to the control mast. I took a piece of 1/4 al tubing, flattened the ends and drilled them for #6 screws, then attached it to the bottom of the panel and to the firewall. It gives me something stiff to attach all the hanging bits and keeps them up out of the way.

More
09 Oct 2024 02:49 - 09 Oct 2024 02:50 #3 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
You might not need to worry about the instrument panel to firewall portion. The first few inches of the control assembly behind the panel will be completely rigid construction, and then the flexible portion is actually pretty stiff. Mine are completely self-supporting between the panel and firewall, and they're stay put so we'll that it's always tempting to attach other thing (i e. flimsy wires) to them for support.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2024 02:50 by Brooks McNew.

More
09 Oct 2024 01:30 #4 by Nick Arquer
Replied by Nick Arquer on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
Thanks for the pics, I was planning a similar bracket location for my throttle cable. That mixture support is definitely interesting, but if it works.

Now I just need to figure out the panel to firewall support.

More
06 Oct 2024 15:43 - 06 Oct 2024 15:45 #5 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
My throttle cable has one support in front of the firewall, which leads it down between the bottom of the engine and the top of the oil tank. Shown in purple.

My mixture cable has two supports. One is shown in the extreme left of the photo and is a simple adel clamp to hold it free of rubbing anything. The interesting one was made from a bent steel strap that's secured to the engine mount. The mixture cable curves around to come in 90 degrees to, and just above the throttle cable. Shown in green. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2024 15:45 by Brooks McNew.

More
05 Oct 2024 23:33 #6 by Nick Arquer
Replied by Nick Arquer on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
A 415C converted to a D model per the TC, and upgraded to a C90.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds