Breadcrumbs

Throttle and mixture cable support

More
05 Oct 2024 23:12 #7 by Keith Whitcomb
Replied by Keith Whitcomb on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
what flavor 'coupe'?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2024 20:02 #8 by Brooks McNew
Replied by Brooks McNew on topic Throttle and mixture cable support
I'm trying to get to the hangar tonight (putting a couple more hours into installing a baggage compartment STC Vernon dug up for me) and while I'm there I will get some photos of the control cable routings.

Forward of the firewall, there's nothing. The cables are plenty stiff enough to support themselves, although I think that might be different if they were making any tight curves (which is not ideal anyway)

More
05 Oct 2024 10:53 - 05 Oct 2024 10:54 #9 by Nick Arquer
Throttle and mixture cable support was created by Nick Arquer
Hello all, 

I've been bringing a coupe back to life over the last 2 years and it's almost ready.

When I got it the throttle, mixture and carb heat control cables were all held together under the panel with zipties. While this prevented them from flexing, it's clearly not the proper method. 

Do any of you out there have photos of under the panel/tank showing how these cables are supposed to be secured? As well as photos showing any braces/brackets as well as routing forward of the firewall?

The parts catalog is very lackluster, but univair has a panel to firewall throttle brace PN: F31239 listed on the site. I don't want to order it without seeing what it actually is and how it mounts, especially if I can fabricate it myself. 

Thanks in advance.

Last edit: 05 Oct 2024 10:54 by Nick Arquer. Reason: Spelling

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds